Unnatural Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job suggestions

4 posters

Go down

Job suggestions Empty Job suggestions

Post  Sim Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 am

Hey! Beneath I will list a couple of jobs crossing my mind that would be helpful in a new server. Jobs that are dynamic and allows player on player roleplay.

Job One: Taxi Driver

This job is easily described. In order to be a taxi driver, you need to buy a Taxi or a Cabbie from the car dealership, which should be low priced so that you don't need to money whore to be able to buy one, as it is a vehicle that will be used for gathering more money through roleplay. Once the driver of the car enters the taxi or cabbie, a SendClientMessage pops up, requesting the driver to do /onduty which leads to the driver sending a global SendClientMessage to all other taxi drivers on duty. They will then have to camp certain public spots and wait for roleplay and customers. The tax job is the most dynamic job I believe, as you can so easily improvise it.

Job Two: Pizza boy

The pizza boy has to grab one of the pizza mopeds by the pizzeria, and has to deliver the pizzas to players who have ordered pizza. The pizza should function along the lines with the hunger system that I also suggested in another thread. Back on topic, the pizza would lower your hunger need drasticly more than something you can buy from a store, for instance a power bar, ice cream, etcetera. Therefore, players would call the pizzeria for a more expensive, but longer lasting food, which has to be roleplayed for, to be acquired (or the pizza could be bought from a store and baked in the house). You have to called the pizzeria if you wish to order, and include the dropoff, otherwise you wont ofcourse get it. Just like a regular phone call, where you chose your words yourself.

Job Three: Trucker Job

The truckers needs to grab one of the trucks by the Truck Depot and go to a warehouse where they pick up the business products, and then deliver them to whatever business requires business products, which would be required in order to sell any business products, such as pizzas, etcetera. The business products would roleplayedly be acted as items of need in a business, or the stock of a business. For example fuel would be required to bring to gas stations, etcetera. Businesses would go low on products after some days. The truckers would have to roleplay with the business owners. Going around money whoring this job should be punishable.

Job Four: Fishing Job

The fishing job is well known. In some servers, you stand at a pier and fish, using the command /fish. In some servers you have to grab a boat and sail around into checkpoints, and fish there. What I propose, is that we combine these two ideas, as the following.

Normal fishers, those who are newbeginners in fishing (level 5 and below, general Level), would have to stand at the pier and use /fish, which would freeze the player for 10 seconds, until he gets a 50-50 message if he catched a fish or not. If he catched a fish, then the Lbs/kg will be given in a SendClientMessage after the 10 seconds. The fish will be put into a player's pockets, unless the player buys a fish basket from where you can buy the fishing rod. The fish basket would enable you to hold 10 more fish than usual. Normally you can hold 10 fish in your pockets, while with a fishing basket you can hold 20 fish. Make sure the pocket doesn't intervene. You wouldn't put fish in your pockets if you had a basket IRL as their extremely slimey.

Now, once your level 5 or above, you can rent a boat from the fishing pier, which allows you to enter the sea with fishing nets. Once you enter the boat and start it's engine, you will be given a checkpoint to go to. It has to be long distanced, to get the "bigger" fish. Once you reach the checkpoint, you will be stuck for 10 seconds while you drop the nets and pull them up again, fishing. One fishing net can hold 40 fish, and each checkpoint you can fish up to 5 fish at once, each fish with a different ltb/kg weight ofcourse. Once your done fishing in one checkpoint, a new one will be given to you. The checkpoints should be randomized so you don't get the same fishing pattern every time.

Once your done with the fishing, you may sell the fish at the pier.

There should be a cool down on this job.

Job Five: Job System

This idea is based on jobs and materials. If you buy a gun, don't you think about how that gun was made, and where it was made? What is it made from? Where do you get your food from? Where do you get your water from? Let me explain.

Let's put it like this:

Guns are made from metal. Metal has to be mined out of the mountains, and the ores has to be melted into what we call metal. Food has to be harvested, grown, hunted for, and the likes.

Firearms system goes like this:

The owners of an Ammunition store has to contact a shaping company (furnace) in order to get their bullets and weapons shaped in the way required, and before doing so, they need to contact the quarry miners, and request how much a load of ores they need.

The trucker company would drive all the items from one location to another, as part of their job!

Ofcourse, this will lead to a shitload of jobs. The miner job, who will have to mine out ores in the quarry, would function just like the Fishing job, with /dig.
The furnace would have to need workers as well, who has to roleplay passively in order to shape the weapons. They need to do /shape <weaponname>, if they do /shape there should come a Help list of all the possible items that can be shaped. It would ofcourse require melted ores, which would have to be brought from the mining company to the furnace, then get melted down with /melt, and then the melted ores could be put in the shaper, and begun to shaped, etcetera. Then the finalized weapon would be sent to the stores.

The cars system goes like this.

Cars needs to be produced somewhere as well. I suggest the miners will have to dig out metals for creating the cars as well. Then, they will be sent to a factory where cars are produced from the metal, put in the furnace, and all that. The factory would require highly skilled roleplayers. Once the car has been shaped, it'll be sent to the car dealership for sale.

The fuel system goes like this.

Fuel depots on the sea are well known. That is where we get our fuel from, or from other oil spots on land. Anyhow, we get fuel somehow. And to get fuel, we need civil engineers who works on the oil platforms, scavenging the fuel for us. I could map a rig platform on the sea, easily.

The food system goes like this.

Every human needs his daily dinner, breakfast and night food. But where does the food come from?

The food has to be harvested from acres, or grown in fields, etcetera. Therefore, I suggest a Farmer job. The farmers would harvest plants and vegetables such as; grain, potatoes, carrtos, tomatoes, etcetera, just as examples. The food would be harvested by the harvester machines. The farmer would need to follow a lot of checkpoints (up to 20 CP's), where he harvests the grain, etc, and the farmers would send the food to the marts once the field is done harvested.

Meat should be produced in farms as well, by slaughtered cows, sheep, etcetera, and sent to the marts.

These are just examples. Everything that is in stores, can be produced like this. Radios, they got metal in them. Shades, they got glass in them. Where do they produce glass? All this gives a lot of more jobs for the server to fill up! Now this is not supposed to be full-time jobs, so when one player does one of the jobs, it would equal 5 people doing the job IRL, to prevent the stock to fail.

I'll update this as I come up with more. Feel free to add additions or give feedback.

Last edited by Sim on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Job suggestions Empty Re: Job suggestions

Post  SeMA Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am

yes..
but we could make some unique job/s also.
I'll edit this post later with some unique jobs. :]

SeMA

Back to top Go down

Post  Markyto Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

In total, I don't think truckers should exist because I saw how it was on another server, people kept complaining about truckers not getting enough and then no one worked as a trucker and every single business lacked products
Markyto
Markyto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am

That's a problem that can easily be fixed, Marky. And SeMa, thanks a bunch. Admins can edit my post as they wish, just don't remove anything.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am

Well, this is a thing I will look into rather much, I'm currently making some neutral jobs actually, so yea. Something like this will come later, thanks for supporting general job ideas.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

https://unrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

Job Four: Fishing Job

The fishing job is well known. In some servers, you stand at a pier and fish, using the command /fish. In some servers you have to grab a boat and sail around into checkpoints, and fish there. What I propose, is that we combine these two ideas, as the following.

Normal fishers, those who are newbeginners in fishing (level 5 and below, general Level), would have to stand at the pier and use /fish, which would freeze the player for 10 seconds, until he gets a 50-50 message if he catched a fish or not. If he catched a fish, then the Lbs/kg will be given in a SendClientMessage after the 10 seconds. The fish will be put into a player's pockets, unless the player buys a fish basket from where you can buy the fishing rod. The fish basket would enable you to hold 10 more fish than usual. Normally you can hold 10 fish in your pockets, while with a fishing basket you can hold 20 fish. Make sure the pocket doesn't intervene. You wouldn't put fish in your pockets if you had a basket IRL as their extremely slimey.

Now, once your level 5 or above, you can rent a boat from the fishing pier, which allows you to enter the sea with fishing nets. Once you enter the boat and start it's engine, you will be given a checkpoint to go to. It has to be long distanced, to get the "bigger" fish. Once you reach the checkpoint, you will be stuck for 10 seconds while you drop the nets and pull them up again, fishing. One fishing net can hold 40 fish, and each checkpoint you can fish up to 5 fish at once, each fish with a different ltb/kg weight ofcourse. Once your done fishing in one checkpoint, a new one will be given to you. The checkpoints should be randomized so you don't get the same fishing pattern every time.

Once your done with the fishing, you may sell the fish at the pier.

There should be a cool down on this job.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:45 am

This would work except for the fact that, this would have to make me do the vehicle system omnipresently. Though, I have already done about 70 percentage of the fish system, which is basically that you catch different fish and materials, even money if you're lucky, and sometimes utter crap.

And then you simply go and sell it and you'll have to wait a required reload time.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

https://unrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:11 am

Job Five: Job System

This idea is based on jobs and materials. If you buy a gun, don't you think about how that gun was made, and where it was made? What is it made from? Where do you get your food from? Where do you get your water from? Let me explain.

Let's put it like this:

Guns are made from metal. Metal has to be mined out of the mountains, and the ores has to be melted into what we call metal. Food has to be harvested, grown, hunted for, and the likes.

Firearms system goes like this:

The owners of an Ammunition store has to contact a shaping company (furnace) in order to get their bullets and weapons shaped in the way required, and before doing so, they need to contact the quarry miners, and request how much a load of ores they need.

The trucker company would drive all the items from one location to another, as part of their job!

Ofcourse, this will lead to a shitload of jobs. The miner job, who will have to mine out ores in the quarry, would function just like the Fishing job, with /dig.
The furnace would have to need workers as well, who has to roleplay passively in order to shape the weapons. They need to do /shape <weaponname>, if they do /shape there should come a Help list of all the possible items that can be shaped. It would ofcourse require melted ores, which would have to be brought from the mining company to the furnace, then get melted down with /melt, and then the melted ores could be put in the shaper, and begun to shaped, etcetera. Then the finalized weapon would be sent to the stores.

The cars system goes like this.

Cars needs to be produced somewhere as well. I suggest the miners will have to dig out metals for creating the cars as well. Then, they will be sent to a factory where cars are produced from the metal, put in the furnace, and all that. The factory would require highly skilled roleplayers. Once the car has been shaped, it'll be sent to the car dealership for sale.

The food system goes like this.

Every human needs his daily dinner, breakfast and night food. But where does the food come from?

The food has to be harvested from acres, or grown in fields, etcetera. Therefore, I suggest a Farmer job. The farmers would harvest plants and vegetables such as; grain, potatoes, carrtos, tomatoes, etcetera, just as examples. The food would be harvested by the harvester machines. The farmer would need to follow a lot of checkpoints (up to 20 CP's), where he harvests the grain, etc, and the farmers would send the food to the marts once the field is done harvested.

Meat should be produced in farms as well, by slaughtered cows, sheep, etcetera, and sent to the marts.

These are just examples. Everything that is in stores, can be produced like this. Radios, they got metal in them. Shades, they got glass in them. Where do they produce glass? All this gives a lot of more jobs for the server to fill up!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down