Unnatural Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Origins of Vampires

5 posters

Go down

The Origins of Vampires Empty The Origins of Vampires

Post  Lilith Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:05 am

((Directed towards Andrew, but anyone can give in their opinion))
Vampires need to have a beginning, they cant just "exist" because they "exist", its retarded, how do you know? because you know?
Vampires need to have some sort of true past, they don't necessarily have to know it ICly, as most vampires are newly born, but it has to exist, it has to be there so that there is a reason for their existence.
You didn't want to have a story because then everyone OOCly knew the past of vampires, and that can make the OP, but that is incorrect, because they cannot combine OOC knowledge ICly, that is Metagaming - which is against the rules.
You wanted an original unique story, not a copied one, and I agreed, but basing 1 aspect of the story doesn't make it copied, it allows a start, even that proves my argument!
My own story, unique story - is based off something that exists already! that is what players are able to do, IF THEY WANT TO.
Also, if you don't want a story, then why are you writing your own? isn't that purely contradicts your side of the argument?

The Origins of Vampires Awd90

Giving a past to vampires allows people to have something to base their own unique stories on, if they want to, allowing a richer RP, of course every vampire can freely neglect their past or claim it false if they wished - but it still exists and is true OOCly.
"I may know of the past, but maybe not, no once can know for certain", that only goes for IN-CHARACTER, IN-GAME, OOCly, every player can know whatever the f*** they want, as long as they don't use that knowledge IG - WHICH GOES AGAINST THE RULES.
You want the players to form their own stories and background? They can - FOR THEIR CHARACTER - you cannot allow some level1 new RPer that has no grasp in English decide the past of every vampire in existence!
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

The Origins of Vampires Empty Re: The Origins of Vampires

Post  Andrew Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 am

You have absolutely no right to decide whether or not that shall exist and, the origins are unknown so far, and there are no certain evidence of how they came to be. Albeit, a background story would be nice, I still prefer creating our own, it creates so much more RP properties and opportunities, what you suggest limits the roleplay highly. Therefore I am sticking to my opinion, basing our own story.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

https://unrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 pm

I agree with Andrew here. Your taking this way to serious. First of all, it is best to create our own background story so that people know what they should base their character of, like you said. However, what's written in books, movies, or in other servers, is only fiction. Vampires, demons, slayers, all that good stuff, are fictional. Thus, being fictional, we can create whatever story we want our members to play with.

I think it is best we create our very own story, making us even more unique, and basing the story in Bayside, where our server is based right now, etcetera. Nothing to advanced. A story that even newbeginners would understand.

We're all new here, there is no reason to have an attitude yet.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Markyto Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 pm

There is no need for a flame war on forums over background story, but what I'd like to point out is that Lilith said she's only basing one aspect of the story from another, So I don't see exactly why are you repeating that you need your own unique story, just hear her out maybe?

And stop starting wars vs. each other, please
Markyto
Markyto

Back to top Go down

Post  Nero Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm

We should improvise... Use the Caine thing(From the SS) -AND- add our own details to it... I'm usually VERY creative, and I'd make my own story by now.. But I'm not in the mood these days, maybe some other time.

Nero

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Markyto wrote:There is no need for a flame war on forums over background story, but what I'd like to point out is that Lilith said she's only basing one aspect of the story from another, So I don't see exactly why are you repeating that you need your own unique story, just hear her out maybe?

I talked to her over 30 minutes, we were just repeating the same things constantly, you should ask before presuming such things.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Markyto Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Andrew wrote:
Markyto wrote:There is no need for a flame war on forums over background story, but what I'd like to point out is that Lilith said she's only basing one aspect of the story from another, So I don't see exactly why are you repeating that you need your own unique story, just hear her out maybe?

I talked to her over 30 minutes, we were just repeating the same things constantly, you should ask before presuming such things.

The way it's shown right now, it looks like she was not being listened to, how am I supposed to know you were both repeating same things for 30 minutes.
Markyto
Markyto

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Markyto wrote:
Andrew wrote:

The way it's shown right now, it looks like she was not being listened to, how am I supposed to know you were both repeating same things for 30 minutes.

You should've asked me or her, I don't blame you for helping her out though, it's a natural thing to do. And you're right, there is no need for creating flame wars.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Markyto Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Is it me or is this thread dead?
Markyto
Markyto

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 am

Seemingly dead from what I can see, I'll lock it for now. PM me if anyone wants it unlocked.
Andrew
Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down